10.22.2007

I'm allowed to change my mind ...

It couldn't have been even a week ago that I was reading a few friends' blogs and remarking to myself that I just could never see myself posting a personal blog. (I'm much too private for this, of course ...) Not sure what changed, but over the weekend it struck me that it was a great idea. A really great idea. Perhaps it was my recent 10-day trip that included work travel to TN and PA with a weekend in OH for moving and cyclocross in between -- and all of the coordination that goes with making such things happen. Or maybe its my recent lack of effectiveness to keep my friends and family up to speed on what's going on in my world. I suspect that its also as simple as needing a place to download all the random thoughts and conversations (yes, with myself) that roll around in my head so that I can make room for more productive material.

So welcome to my blog. You'll notice it's titled My Favorite Things ... this is appropriate because on any given day I acknowledge many things as being favorites - so much so that it would make a person wonder if really I just have two categories of consideration: 1. things I don't like; 2. my favorites. I really don't spend much time thinking about anything in between. And, for the record, one of my favorite things is to rant on what I don't like ...

Speaking of My Favorite Things, I love jazz and John Coltrane is one of my favorite musicians. His take on the over-cooked song made main-stream famous by The Sound of Music is remarkably delicious. I hope you'll take the time to give it a listen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks for the suggestion, beautiful piece of work.. the album. your blog is pretty fun too, who wouldn't love those poka dots